Hotel Valbrenta in Limena di Padova
At the Hotel Valbrenta, tradition and modernity have found a meeting point and sublimation and today the family Aggujaro, in the sign of a family tradition that is renewed, it may continue to offer that service, which changed the times, has not changed that character of hospitality and good food that have always distinguished this hotel. There are all the ingredients in order to have the convenient proximity to major centers without sacrificing the tranquility of the small town and the genuineness of Venetian cuisine.
History tells us that in 300 the Padua at war with the people of Vicenza built in Limerick Brentella the canal to bring water from the Brenta to Padua. Thus was born this new waterway around which arose the center of Limerick. It formed a center of trade, transit of vessels, of activities related to fiumee with them could not miss the tavern. In this second design of the mid-seventeenth century is already glimpsed the building in its current size. The presence of this inn are documented in the drawings and the 500 already in one of 1691 we find it represented exactly like today. I am therefore more than three centuries that here are provided services that already then lent the “inn”. Name this that limenesi have always used to refer to this hotel. We must remember that in those days the inn was not only a ‘”tavern” as we understand it today, where they consumed wine and drinks and they ate sitting or standing, but it was the meeting place, a true center mall where you agreed exchanges of merchandise and selling various kinds.
In the design of the second half of the seventeenth century – that looks like a photo of the current Locanda – the terrace in front of the two doors is exactly what finestrecentrali today. It should be noted, on the right, the rod with the sign of the dining place. Often in the inns could sell groceries without duty. A privilege that made them similar to the current port franco.Qui, in Limerick, in front of the inn, there was a post where you stood while the blacksmith provvedeva its tasks. In front of the inn passed many boats carrying goods from the Brenta and directed to Padua and Venice, and this became a reference point and meeting place for boaters. Until the early nineteenth century the inn was owned by the noble Venetian family Fini, who controlled all of the country’s economic activity. We know that in 1770 we ate at the inn with 5 lire, says an expense report submitted by the engineer who directed the work for the construction of “colmelloni.” As shown in the photo of fineOttocento the Inn has always retained its function as a place of refreshment and accommodation for all who attended the important road linking Padua and northern Europe through the Trentino. For a comparison, we recall that the same engineer spent 48 lire for burchio transporting him from Venice to Limerick.
It’s been over a century since Sante Aggujaro bought this place then that will be managed by the family. This way, here, at the Hotel Valbrenta, tradition and modernity have found a meeting point and sublimation and today the family Aggujaro, in the sign of a family tradition that is renewed, it may continue to offer those services which, mutated times, did not change the character of hospitality and good food that have always distinguished this hotel. Its location is ideal in the past when all trafficie the displacements took place along the riv, remains so now for its location on the outskirts of Padua, two minutes from the west exit of the motorway Venice – Milan, a half-hour drive from Venice. There are all the ingredients in order to have the convenient proximity to major centers without sacrificing the tranquility of the small town and the genuineness of Venetian cuisine.